THE COMMUNITY FITNESS ROOM
This is our community's "gym," and it's fully equipped with commercial grade cardiovascular and strength equipment.
To sign up for a gym membership, please stop by our main office during normal business hours to fill out a registration form. Once your membership is active, you will receive an access card which allows you to enter they gym from 5am-10pm seven days a week. Within 2-3 days of your membership expiration, your card will be deactivated unless you "re-up" by visiting our main office, or renew over the phone at 276-5039. Automatic monthly payments are also available (Auto-pay Application).
If you're new to working out, a complimentary basic orientation session can be scheduled with Health & Fitness Director, Debra Neale.
General Gym Rules & Etiquette
- Be mindful and respectful of others
- Please bring clean sneakers (no street shoes)
- Use available wipes to fully clean equipment after use
- Do not share your access card
- "Guests" must have their own membership
- Children are not allowed in the gym; members must be at least 14 years old.
- If all of one particular type of machine (treadmills, etc) is full, please limit your session to 30 min.
- Free weights and weight plates must be placed back on their racks after use.
7 Days a Week
5:00 am - 10:00pm
September - June rates
One Week: $20
One Month: $40
July + August Rates
One Week: $40
One Month: $75
$400 ($200 for each additional family member)
Discounts available for employees of the Town of Mt. Desert, AOS 91, and First Responders
A variety of classes are offered in our Great Hall and in our lower level studio on an a-la-carte basis. Most are designed for beginner and intermediate experience levels to enjoy.
2018 FALL SCHEDULE
Slow Flow Yoga
Thursday; 8:30am - 9:45am; Location: Great Hall
Instructor: Kate Sebelin
$12/class (packages available)
Active Older Adults
Wednesday; 11:00am - 12:00pm
Instructor: Debra Neale
$Free for Seniors