The MDI Community Campfire Coalition
The MDI Community Campfire Coalition's mission is to provide heating assistance to families in need on Mount Desert Island, Swan’s and Cranberry Islands. The Coalition is a joint program of The Neighborhood House in Northeast Harbor, and Harbor House in Southwest Harbor. All funds raised go directly to the purchase of heat, as neither organization collects any administrative fees.
Basic Information for Applicants
- The application form is available here, as well as at The Neighborhood House in NEH, Harbor House in SWH, area Town Offices, and many local libraries and churches.
- The program is NOT intended for emergency assistance. After an application is approved, it might take several days to schedule delivery. Please plan accordingly.
- The program runs from November 1 to April 30. Applications may be submitted once per heating season.
- Individuals earning less than $30,150 and families of 4+ earning less than $61,500 will qualify with a completed application and proof of income.
- The Coalition provides a one-time fill of 100 gallons of heating fuel, or the equivalent benefit for propane, wood, or electric heat.
Help Keep Our Community Warm this Winter
Send your donation today. Every single gift, large or small, makes a difference and 100% of it will go directly towards the purchase of heat for a family in our community.
Make your check payable to "MDI Community Campfire Coalition." You can drop it off at either The Neighborhood House or Harbor House, or mail to:
MDI Community Campfire Coalition
c/o Neighborhood House
PO Box 332
Northeast Harbor, ME 04662
Via Credit Card
You can contribute with a credit card in person at The Neighborhood House, or make a donation over the phone by calling (207)276-5039.
In most cases, your donation is fully tax deductible.